Other Resources

Information and Referral Services

CONTACT Helpline – Helpline Information and Referral
Phone: (717) 652-4400
Health and human service Information and referral to thousands of services, agencies, support groups and hotlines.

Franklin County Human Services
Franklin County Human Services, Information and Referral
425 Franklin Farm Ln
Chambersburg, PA 17202
Phone: (717) 261-2561
Franklin County Human Services Information and Referral (I&R)/Pennsylvania 211 as well as LINK, is an available service to anyone who is seeking information regarding the availability of human services for those residing in Franklin County. PA 211 is a 24 hour, 7 days a week, free and confidential resource that is intended for public use. Individuals who are uncertain of how to access the information or services that they desire are encouraged to contact us. If the desired information is not directly at hand, I&R will actively research and respond to the inquiry as quickly and efficiently as possible. Provides objective information on choices for long term living supports and services. Help consumers to evaluate the types of services needed. Make connections with organizations that provide services. Help with applications for assistance to pay for services. Assist in planning to meet future needs for services. Additionally, I&R provides resource materials in the form of the Where to Turn for Help guide, reentry guide, Human Services Directory, etc.

Franklin County Assistance Office
620 Norland Avenue
Chambersburg, PA 17201-4205
OFFICE HOURS: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Toll-Free: 1-877-289-9177
Phone: 717-264-6121
LIHEAP (Energy Assistance, Utility Help) – Franklin
The Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program, also known as LIHEAP, helps low-income families pay their heating bills. LIHEAP is a grant that offers assistance in the form of a cash grant, sent directly to the utility company, or a crisis grant for households in immediate danger of being without heat.

The Human Resources and Services Administration, a department of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, offers a searchable database of health clinics that provide free and/or accessible care.
Find a health center in your area

The National Healthcare for the Homeless Council offers a searchable state list of health care providers that serve people experiencing homelessness.
Find a clinic in your area

The National Association of Free and Charitable Clinics offers a national map of health providers that offer free care.
Find a free or charitable clinic in your area

CONTACT Helpline
CONTACT Helpline – Helpline Listening
Phone: (800) 932-4616
Non-judgmental, caring listening provided by trained volunteers. Service is 24-hours, 7-days a week. This service does NOT provide counseling or advice.
Medical Bill Payment Assistance

Christ Among Neighbors
Phone: (717) 532-7577
CAN may provide assistance in the form of help with rental, utility bills, clothing, or medical bills. This assistance may include emergency service delivery and/or referrals/consultations to other agencies or organizations with the means to solve the problem. The serviced areas are defined as comprising the Shippensburg Area School District and the village of Walnut Bottom (zip code 17266 and zip code 17257 on High Mountain Road)

Waynesboro Community & Human Services
Emergency Financial Assistance
Phone: (717) 762-6941
The Financial Assistance Program assists clients who have a utility shut off or utility is off, first month or late rent payments to prevent homelessness, fuel oil, prescriptions. WCHS is authorized to complete Dollar Energy applications.

PathStone – Emergency Food and Shelter (Migrant & Farm Workers)
Phone: (717) 264-2839
Serve the one-time emergency needs of migrant and seasonal farmworkers and other rural disadvantaged people who may not be eligible for other emergency services. Services include: Nutritional assistance, emergency shelter, first month rental assistance, rent in arrears assistance, mortgage assistance and utilities in arrears assistance (one-time only assistance)

Franklin County Veteran Affairs
Pennsylvania State Benefits – Veterans Temporary Assistance
Phone: (717) 263-4326
Purpose: Provide temporary financial assistance to Veterans and their beneficiaries who reside in Pennsylvania for the necessities of life (food, dairy, shelter, fuel and clothing).Veterans’ Eligibility Criteria:-A person who served in the Armed Forces of the United States, who:*Was discharged under honorable conditions after a period of active duty, other than active duty for training, as evidenced by a DD Form 214 or other official documentation, or*Died in service or was killed in action, or*Suffered a service-connected disability as certified by the United States Veterans’ administration. Need for Temporary Assistance criteria: Financial circumstances temporarily resulting in insufficient funds to pay for shelter and necessities of living for the Veteran and family. Call Franklin County Veterans Affairs for more information concerning.

Pennsylvania Wounded Warriors
Phone: (717) 761-4017
PAWW is an independent statewide non-profit 501© (3) organization providing support to Pennsylvania Wounded Warriors, Veterans in Crisis, and their families. We are not affiliated with nor a part of any national organization, including Wounded Warrior Project, and we do not receive any funds from them. We provide emergency financial assistance to veterans to help pay for housing, utilities, transportation, medical and other expenses. We pay directly to landlords, vendors, and creditors.

Veterans Multi-Service Center – SSVF-Central PA
Phone: (844) 226-0368
SSVF provides comprehensive Supportive Services to very low-income Veterans and their families who are currently experiencing homelessness or are at risk of losing their homes. Resources include case management, housing counseling, legal support, credit repair and financial planning services, and time-limited, temporary financial assistance. Eligible veterans may receive time-limited financial assistance for rent, utilities, and security deposits. SSVF offers short[1]term case management that links Veterans with resources within the Veterans Administration and the community with the ultimate goal of stabilizing veterans in housing.

The Homeless Assistance Program
SCCAP’s Homeless Assistance Program (HAP) helps individuals in Franklin County who are facing eviction or are currently homeless. In order to receive assistance from HAP, an individual must be under 200% of the Federal Poverty Income Guidelines. The individual or family must also be able to show that they can meet their expenses once we help them. If eligible, HAP can typically help with $400.00 for single adults and $500.00 for families.  Families will have to be able to show they have enough additional funding to prevent eviction or to cover first month’s rent and security deposit.

Monthly income below:

Family of 1 – $2,430

Family of 2 – $3,287

Family of 3 – $4,143

To apply for HAP download the Family and Landlord Packet below which includes applications and requirements.

Family Application Packet         Landlord Pack